What is luxury piercing?
Simply put: luxury piercing is piercing as you know it, but upscaled and upgraded. It is an overall considered experience that involves transforming one's ear through the combination of anatomy-specific piercings, fine jewelry styling, and detailed aftercare.
Instead of the traditional gun piercing, we use sterilized piercing needles that are:
- Greater precision for placement (more accurate)
- Safer in terms of hygiene and impact
- Smoother in motion, causing less trauma and pain to your skin tissue
We offer these services in our piercing studio:
- Ear piercings
- Ear styling
- Assessment of existing piercings for aftercare (even if it’s not done with us)
- Changing out of earrings (when you purchase a new one from us!)
Whether it’s your first or how manyth piercing, come build your dream ear stack with us.
The Piercing Process
Exclusively at ION Orchard #B3-37
Available daily except Sun & Wed
- When you book an appointment,
you agree to the terms and conditions here.
- Each appointment slot is 45mins
- You can get up to 3 piercings in an appointment
- We do not perform daith, rook and
- Booking slots open 2 months in advance.
If a slot is not available on the
calendar, it means it's fully booked or
piercing is not available on that day.
1. Make an appointment
- Choose your preferred timeslot via our booking link.
2. Ear assessment and jewelry selection
- The piercer will assess your ears, detailing your unique anatomy to consider possible piercing placements and at the same time, curating various earrings that are suitable for the placement (towards a unique styling or stack)
- Fill out a waiver so we can ensure the piercing service can be performed safely. This is important to ensure that your piercing will be able to heal well.
3. Hygiene and sanitization
- The piercer will set up the space, clean your ear and mark your new piercing. Once you check and agree to the placement, the piercer will prepare the sterile tools and begin work.
4. Piercing and earring insertion
- Sit tight and be comfortable.
- Take a deep breath as the needle is gently pushed through your ear in a swift motion.
- Lastly, the piercer will insert the earring back into your piercing, and screw on the front.
- And that’s it! Time to admire your new piercing. ✨
- The most important part of the piercing process is aftercare. The piercer will provide instructions on how to take care of your piercing and an aftercare kit to take home.
- To ensure that your new piercing heals properly and efficiently, please follow the instructions and recommendations outlined in our aftercare guide; aligned with current professional and healthcare standards.
- You are recommended to book a follow-up appointment 1-2 months after your piercing so we can assess your healing and offer a downsize for your post if needed.
- Aftercare advice and support for our piercing customers is an ongoing process. You can reach us at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns with regard to your piercing.
THINGS TO NOTE:
Each appointment duration is 45 minutes, and can only accommodate 1 person, and a maximum 3 piercings across both ears.
Appointments are strongly encouraged so we have enough time to prepare for your session due to sterilisation protocols.
Piercing fees are at SGD60 for the first piercing and SGD40 for each subsequent piercing within the same session. This fee includes full service piercing, ear styling advice, aftercare support and follow-up appointment for complimentary downsizing of post when healing is complete. The fees do not include the cost of jewelry.
A deposit of SGD50 is required to confirm each appointment, which will be deducted from your total bill during your appointment. Deposit is non-refundable if you don’t show up or cancel your appointment less than 12 hours before your slot.
Your appointment is confirmed only when deposit is paid.
You are required to e-acknowledge a waiver and release form during your appointment.
Please arrive on time to prevent delays to the next customer. We have a 10-minute grace period. If you arrive more than 10 minutes after your appointment start time, we reserve the rights to reject your appointment so as to avoid pushbacks to the next appointment.
We exclusively use 14k solid gold fine jewelry designed for initial piercings. Hence, we do not recommend getting pierced with us if you ever had an allergic reaction to 14k gold.
All sales are final for piercing service and jewelry. We do not offer refunds, returns or exchanges of any form due to the nature of this service.
By making an appointment, you acknowledge the terms and conditions here.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of piercing method is used?
Piercing needle. Because this method causes less trauma to the skin, is more accurate, reduce the risk of infection and is less painful.
What is the difference between gun piercing and needle piercing?
The gun uses a spring-loaded mechanism that forces the earring through the skin and into place in an instant.
This action causes more trauma to the skin. Piercing guns hold blunt studs, even it feels pointy, and these studs are forced through the tissues which rips the tissue in order to make room for the jewelry. If your piercing will go through the cartilage, there is a possibility it can shatter with blunt force.
Piercing guns use blunt studs that have butterfly backs. These can easily harbor bacteria and gunk, which can infect a new piercing. The studs are sometimes made of a low-grade material that causes an allergic reaction, scarring, and infection.
The gun pinches the back of the jewelry snugly into place, which doesn't allow any room for the piercing to breathe and heal properly. Because the butterfly backing is going to be put on way too tight, you will experience increased swelling (it will swell naturally as part of the healing process, but it will swell worse if it doesn't have room to swell).
Piercing guns are hard to aim properly and so the piercing is more likely to be crooked or inaccurate.
Needles are sharp, hollow tubes that penetrate the skin, creating a clean hole for the jewelry.
Piercing needles are sharp and cause the least amount of tissue damage when put through the skin, and they create a pathway for the jewelry to sit in. This reduces irritation and scarring so your piercing can heal properly and stay healthy.
The jewelry for a needle piercing is designed to allow dirt and bacteria to be easily removed, as well as a longer post to allow swelling. Allow the jewelry to have allowance for moving meant that the bacteria doesn't just sit on the new piercing.
Needles are more accurate than guns.
How much is it to get pierced?
Piercing fees are at SGD60 for the first piercing and SGD40 for each subsequent piercing within the same session. This fee includes full service piercing, ear styling advice, aftercare support and complimentary follow-up appointment for downsizing the post when healing is complete. The fees do not include the cost of jewelry.
What is included in the piercing service fee?
Full service piercing, ear styling advice, aftercare support and complimentary follow-up appointment for downsizing the post when healing is complete. The fees do not include the cost of jewelry.
What is the minimum age to get pierced?
Individuals under the age of 18 should be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian. Please bring along your government-issued ID for age verification.
You cannot be pierced if you are pregnant, less than six months postpartum or breastfeeding in case of infection or a reduced immune system.
What different types of piercings are available?
Our piercers conduct a range of ear piercing placements on the lobes and cartilage. We currently do not offer piercing anywhere else on the body except ears.
Are your earrings sold as singles or pairs?
Piercing jewelry is sold singly unless otherwise stated.
Can I reserve an earring before my appointment?
We do not reserve earrings in advance. Designs subject to availability at the time of your appointment.
What is the difference between a threaded and traditional stud?
Traditional studs are the most common type of earring. To wear, simply insert the earring into your piercing and slide a traditional butterfly backing on to secure the stud in place. They come in one size that fits most Lobe piercings.
Threaded studs have a post with a ball or disc at the end that gets inserted through the back of the ear. Then a frontal is screwed on to ensure a snug fit. With post lengths that can be increased or decreased, these versatile pieces work in multiple piercings. Move your frontal to a different location and simply swap out the post.
How do I determine what size is right for me?
During your piercing appointment, our piercer will help you determine your best fit. Every ear anatomy is unique and we can help you determine the proper size so you leave feeling comfortable and excited about your new look.
How do you insert a threaded stud?
Insert the wearable surface of the backing, which is the post, into your piercing from behind so that the ballflower is on the back of your ear. Then, insert the thread on the frontal into the post at the front of your ear and gently rotate the frontal clockwise to tighten. Continue until the frontal is flush with the post. Given the delicate nature of gold, be mindful not to overturn the frontal as it may damage the screw.
Do I need to book an appointment to get pierced?
Appointments are always preferred for piercings but walk-ins are welcome depending on availability. There may be some waiting time for walk-ins due to the sterilization process. Please check with our piercer instore.
Is there a follow-up appointment post piercing? Can I make a follow-up appointment?
Yes, a follow-up appointment can be made to check in on your healing process and downsize your post at no fees. You can book an appointment online in the booking link.
If you want to change to a new Curious Creatures jewelry you purchased, we can help you as well. There is no appointment required for this, but it will be subjected to our piercer’s availability instore at that point in time.
What earrings can I get pierced with? Can I be pierced with my own jewelry?
You will only be able to be pierced with our piercing collection, exclusively. We do not pierce with jewelry that is not from Curious Creatures.
Can I be pierced with my own Curious Creatures piercing jewelry from a previous piercing appointment?
You are welcome to bring in your existing Curious Creatures jewelry and consult with our piercer to see if it can be used for a new piercing. If determined safe to do so, you are required to bring in your Curious Creatures jewelry for sterilization at least 1 hour prior to the appointment.
What health and safety measures are being taken in the store?
As our customers and our staff are always our first priority, we aim to ensure the health and safety of those around us. Our measures include:
- Deep sanitization of all contact surfaces within the piercing studio between each customer
- Use of autoclave for sterilization and single-use equipment and protective wear for piercing to ensure our piercings are safe and sanitary
What should I do before going into my appointment?
- Ensure you have had a snack and are fully hydrated
- Bring your government-issued ID
- Ensure you are not showing any symptoms of COVID-19. If so, we’d ask you to kindly re-schedule.
What are some situations that I cannot get pierced?
- If you have taken any blood thinning medication (i.e. Aspirin), or alcohol in the last 24 hours
- If you are pregnant, less than six months postpartum or breastfeeding in case of infection or a reduced immune system
Why can I only get pierced with threaded flat back studs and not the butterfly back studs?
We use threaded flat back studs which are more comfortable throughout the healing process. Butterfly backings can move throughout wear which is not ideal during the healing process as it can trap bacteria, cause infections, abrasions etc.
What is considered “normal” after the piercing?
- It varies from one person to another
- Within the first few weeks: Some bleeding, localized swelling, tenderness, or bruising.
- Within the first 2-4 months: Some discoloration, itching, and secretion of a whitish-yellow fluid (not pus) that may form some crust on the jewelry can occur. The tissue may tighten around the jewelry as it heals.
- Once healed: If your jewelry feels loose, book a check up appointment to come in for a downsize. Be patient, keep cleaning throughout the healing period!
Is there anything that I should do post-piercing?
- Avoid alcohol in the first 48 hours
- Being cautious is the best way to avoid infection—this is an open wound that is healing.
- Try to minimize any activities that involve excessive sweating (eg. exercise), but if you do, shower or clean your wound directly afterwards.
- Avoid taking your jewelry out to avoid the hole closing.
- Avoid swimming as water may contain bacteria that interferes with the healing process. Lobes: for 3-4 weeks / Cartilage: for 2 months
How do I care for my new piercing?
Clean your piercing until it is fully healed, which can take several months depending on the placement and your body. Contrary to what traditional goldsmith piercers suggest, DO NOT rotate/move your piercings as it disrupts healing. Clean both the front and back of the piercing's exit wounds with sterile saline solution. Moisture can lead to bacteria, so we recommend drying the area well with sterile non-woven gauze or using the cold setting on a hairdryer. For more information, refer to our aftercare guide.
Will my earring naturally become loose over time?
There are some repetitive actions that can cause the jewelry to naturally become loose, such as daily beauty or lifestyle routines. Our piercers will always quality check the pieces before any appointment and we recommend checking that the jewelry is screwed in as tight as possible before leaving.
What does it mean to downsize my post?
The piercing backing you are pierced with is longer than a regular backing to accommodate for swelling during healing. When your piercing has healed, you have the choice to downsize the size of your backing to prevent it from being loose and causing irritation around your piercing. Downsizing is complimentary if you have gotten pierced with us.
When can I change my piercing?
Everyone heals at a different rate and healing times change based on piercing location. Check with our piercer about healing time for your particular piercing, or consult the healing time chart in our aftercare guide for a general idea of how long your piercing will take to heal. Schedule a follow-up appointment with us and we can help you to downsize your post at no charge.
I got pierced elsewhere.
(a) Can I seek aftercare help from you?
(b) Are you able to help me change out my earrings?
Yes, but we will first assess your piercing condition and its healing progress. If deemed suitable, we can provide the following services even if you did not get pierced with us:
- Provide wound cleaning services and aftercare guidance. We charge a nominal fee of SGD35 to do so as the process involves the usage of sterile tools and single-use equipment, as well as sanitization of all contact surfaces for each customer. The fee does not include the purchase of new jewelry or earring posts.
- Change out your earring(s) if you have purchased them from us. This is complimentary but subject to the availability of our piercers
How many piercings can I get done in one appointment?
We recommend a maximum of 3 piercings per appointment to support the best healing process. We do not recommend getting new piercings if you have other piercings that are still in the midst of healing.
Can I get an old piercing re-pierced?
Yes, if our piercer determines that it is safe to do so.
Should I use alcohol to clean my piercing?
No, we do not recommend cleaning your piercing with chemicals such as alcohol, Neosporin, or Bactine as these products can cause irritation. Instead, use sterile saline wipes or sterile saline spray on non-woven sterile gauze. Please refer to our aftercare guide.
Can I exercise/go to the gym after getting pierced?
It is okay to exercise as long as you are not exposing your piercing to any form of contact-related risks.
Can I sleep on my piercing?
Sleeping on piercings can be painful, cause healing complications, shift the alignment of your piercing and even affect blood circulation in your ear. We strongly recommend that you sleep on the other side. This is also why we don’t recommend getting both ears pierced at the same time.
What if I get an infection?
Everyone and each ear anatomy reacts differently to a piercing. Unfortunately we cannot control infections but we are always here to assist you with a check up appointment. Depending on the severity:
- You can reach us at +65 8799 2017 during store hours or email at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime if you have any questions or concerns with regards to your piercing condition.
- Visit us instore for our piercer to help you with cleaning if required. Please call in advance.
- You can do a saline rinse or compression technique recommended in our aftercare guide and see if the swelling subsides.
- Seek medical advice from your doctor immediately.
Got questions about getting pierced? Send us your enquiry below!