Materials and Sustainability

 
We partner with sustainable factories and jewelers who are committed to their craft, practices and materials, and only produce in small batches to maintain quality over quantity. 


At Curious Creatures, we are committed to quality, not only of our products, but of the conditions in which they are produced.

We select our partners carefully base on their values, skills and ethical practices. 80% of our workshops are members of the Responsible Jewellery Council, the international standard bearer for ensuring accountability for sustainability, fair trade and integrity within the jewelry industry. The remaining 20% of our partners are small family-run businesses with ethical production and mining practices.

 


DEMI-FINE JEWELRY

Made in 925 Sterling Silver, our demi-fine collection is hypoallergenic, without lead, nickel and cadmium. Each piece is electroplated with 1-micron 18k Gold, Rose-gold or Rhodium and finished with an additional coating for longer lasting wear. 

Sustainability - Recycled Silver
Silver jewelry in its nature can be recycled, thus creating zero waste. Our silver factory is a member of the Responsible Jewellery Council and works on a zero waste policy within the manufacturing plant where all metal scraps are recycled back and reused in production, reducing the purchase of newly mined silver in turn reducing CO2 emission. An initiative launched within the factory reducing carbon footprint.

We work with ethically sourced AA-AAA grade genuine semi-precious stones in this collection for its affordability, with an occasional drop of precious gemstones in limited edition treat.




A FINE LINE 

A collection made in 18k solid gold, it is one that will last a lifetime. Each piece is hand-crafted and finished by an experienced craftsmen and closely inspected before handing over to you. 

We work with partners from all over the globe to source for unique gemstones and conflict-free and ethically sourced diamonds. A lot of our gemstone partners are family-run businesses and each gem is 100% traceable. Our high quality melee diamonds are F-H, VS1 quality, and all our diamonds goes through a Kimberly Process (KP) to ensure they are ethically sourced and follow responsible practices.

Conflict-Free Diamonds vs Ethical Diamonds        
You may have heard the term 'conflict-free’ and ‘ethical diamonds’.

Conflict-free diamonds are those used to finance civil wars. Conflict-free diamonds on the other hand do not endorse child labour or a poor working conditions, instead they are mined in areas that are controlled by recognised governments. It is the Kimberly Process which makes it more difficult for conflict diamonds to be in circulation.

Ethical diamonds on the other hand are diamonds which are mined in safe conditions, where miners are paid a fair wage, ethical working conditions, and no human rights are compromised.